• The fibre route follows along the eastern side of the Paraburdoo rail line from the Wombat Junction Signalling at 283.7Km to the 286.3Km Gun Club Level Crossing. The route from Wombat Junction follows a ring lock fence line on an offset of 3 -5 meters to the Mine Road bitumen crossing.
After the Main Road crossing the route follow adjacent to the rail maintenance access track to the Level crossing.
• The 286.3Km level crossing on the Paraburdoo rail line is utilised by the public to access the Tom Price Gun Club. In order to improve the safety for the public, a new controlled leveling
crossing is required. To connect the new level crossing into the existing signalling network, the following is required:
• Install a 60-core fibre spur cable from the joint location at Wombat Junction siding to the 286.3Km level crossing on the Paraburdoo rail line;
• Splice the new 60 core spur cable into the existing 60-core mainline fibre at wombat Junction and terminate the fibre in the signalling cabinet at the 296.3Km Level Crossing
• Test the terminated fibres; and
• Submit As-Built records and documentation
• Trenching will be the main method of installation for the fibre route. P50 conduit will be installed at the standard depth of 600mm. The Fibre route will be excavated using Diverse Group Australia’s T555 Trenching Machine.
Horizontal Directional Drilling
• Directional boring will be used in areas that prohibit the use of trenching as the standard construction method.
• Diverse Group Australia will utilise a new Vermeer 36×50 DR rig to complete the following bores in hard terrain.
• 283.7km – 38m under Rail
• 284.63km – 87m under Creek
• 284.83km – 39m under Road
• 284.94km – 82m under Creek
• The new 60-core cable will be spliced into the existing fibre using the existing FOSC 400B spice enclosure during the system outage window provided by RTIO.